On this page you will find the privacy statement of NRC (also: “The data controller”. The data controller has its registered office and place of business at Burgemeester Posweg 114, (5306 GG) Brakel and is registered with the Chamber of Commerce under Chamber of Commerce number 30261597.
NRC attaches great importance to the careful processing and security of personal data. When processing personal data, we comply with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In this privacy statement, we explain which personal data we collect and use and for which purposes. We also inform you how you can make corrections.
Personal data is defined as information relating to the personal or material circumstances of an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”). This includes details such as your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address. You are not obliged to disclose any personal data in order to use our website. In some cases, we may need your name, address and other information so that we can provide you with the services you require. Examples relate to the use of contact forms or the download registration of software.
Processing personal data
We process and use the following data:
- all personal data that you provide to NRC, for example when sending a message to NRC (e.g. by e-mail), when concluding an agreement or when completing a paper or web form. This includes details such as name and address, telephone number(s) and e-mail address.
- If you make use of our services, we will normally only collect the personal data we need to provide the service in question. When concluding an agreement, you will be asked for your name, e-mail address, telephone number and payment details. If we request further information from you, that information need only be provided on a voluntary basis;
- when visiting our website, cookies are stored. Cookies are small text files that can be used by websites to make user experiences more efficient. The law allows us to store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the use of the site. For all other types of cookies, we need your permission;
- if you visit our website, we may collect some of your personal information. This includes the names of the pages visited, the browser and operating system used, the duration of your visit, the date and time of access, search engines used, names of downloaded files and their IP addresses;
- When we send you e-mails, information is saved that tells us whether you have received the e-mail, whether you have opened it, and any links you may have clicked on. Special and/or sensitive personal data which we process
Our website and/or services have no intention of collecting data about website visitors under the age of 16, unless they have permission from a parent or guardian. However, we cannot check whether a visitor is over 16 years of age. We therefore encourage parents to be involved in their children’s online activities in order to prevent the collection of data about children without parental consent. If you are convinced that we have collected personal data about a minor without permission, please contact us at email@example.com and we will delete this information.
Purpose of processing
We process personal data for various purposes (and to the extent permitted by law), for example for:
- implementing the agreement you have concluded with us;
- sending news and service-oriented information to inform, interest and involve our customers (marketing purposes). You can always unsubscribe if you do not wish to receive this information;
- offering NRC products and/or services (marketing purposes). You can always unsubscribe if you do not wish to receive this information;
- analytical purposes, also to improve our services.
Storage of data
We do not retain your personal data for longer than necessary to achieve the purposes for which your data is collected, unless this would be in conflict with a statutory retention period, technical or organisational requirements or other legal obligations.
Provision to third parties
The data collected by us is necessary for the purposes described above. We will only make your data available to third parties (“processors”) if this is necessary for the aforementioned purposes (e.g. in connection with the provision of service in respect of products and/or services provided to you by us). One example is the company that provides the hosting of this website. These ‘processors’ act under our responsibility. The information is not passed on to other organisations for commercial purposes. The data is processed exclusively within the European Economic Area (EEA).
We are extremely careful with regard to the processing of your data. NRC continuously takes measures to protect your data against loss or any form of unlawful processing. NRC takes the protection of your data seriously and takes appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorised access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorised modification. Our website is secured with an SSL certificate. All our employees and all third parties involved in the data processing are obliged to comply with the GDPR and to guarantee the confidentiality of the processing of personal data.
When we transfer or receive your data on our website, we always use the encoding technologies which are commonly accepted as the standard technologies within the IT sector. When we receive or transfer certain critical information, such as financial or health information, we use a secure server. We have put in place the necessary security measures to prevent the loss, unlawful use or alteration of information we receive on our site.
Right of inspection, correction and deletion of personal data
You can receive information free of charge at any time about the data we hold about you, its origin and recipient and the purpose of data processing. In addition, you have a legal right to rectification, blocking and deletion of your personal data. You can submit a request for inspection, correction or deletion to us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request as soon as possible, and within twenty (20) working days. In addition, you can withdraw your consent to the collection and storage of your personal data provided to us at any time by sending us an e-mail.
If you have the impression that your data is not properly secured or there are indications of misuse, please contact us at email@example.com or call +31 (0) 418 74 55 55. In addition, you have the right to submit a complaint to the national regulatory body, the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
Disclaimer for the content of linked external sites
This privacy statement does not extend to the use of external links that may be displayed on our website. When we include links, we try to ensure that they also meet our data protection and security standards. However, we have no control over other website providers’ compliance with data protection and security arrangements. We refer you to the websites of the respective providers for information about their own privacy policies.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. Cookies collect information required for the proper functioning of our website. Cookies help NRC to ensure, for example, that you do not repeatedly receive or have to enter the same information during a visit, e.g. by securely remembering your login details and language preference. Every internet user can set up his computer in such a way that cookies are not accepted. If you choose to do so, it is possible that you will experience problems when navigating through our website. If you nevertheless do not wish to receive cookies, you can view the help file of your internet browser to see how to block all cookies or make sure you receive an alert before a cookie is stored. We use the following cookies:
- Functional cookie(s): Essential cookies are placed via our website for the proper functioning of the website.
Exclusion of liability
Although the greatest possible care has been taken with the content of this website, NRC can in no way be held liable for any damage, direct or indirect, resulting from any incorrect information on and/or the use of nrc-nl.com.
No rights whatsoever can be derived from the information on this website. The views expressed by third parties on the public and/or sponsored parts of this website do not necessarily represent the opinions of NRC. NRC is not responsible for such views.
NRC reserves the right not to post or to remove statements by third parties from this website.
References (links) to external websites (websites that do not fall within the domain nrc-nl.com) are purely informative. NRC is not responsible and/or liable for the content and/or privacy policies of external websites.
Viruses and security
The site is regularly checked for (computer) viruses, but the absence of viruses that could affect the operation of your computer and/or software can unfortunately not be guaranteed. NRC likewise does not accept any liability for this.
All rights are vested in NRC to the extent that these rights are not vested in third parties whose material has been made available on this website. This website is owned by NRC. No part of this website may be reproduced, saved (in a database), modified or published, in any form or in any manner whatsoever, without the prior written permission of NRC.
© NRC. All rights reserved.
Burgemeester Posweg 114
5306 GG Brakel
T: +31 (0) 418 74 55 55
Amendments to this privacy statement & disclaimer
We reserve the right to amend this privacy statement & disclaimer. Changes will be published on this webpage.
This privacy statement & disclaimer was updated on 1 May 2020.